What are aims, objects and benefits of Oracle Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) module ?
1) An asset is an entity for which users can report problems. Assets can be cooling towers, cranes, buses, buildings, conveyors, or anything that needs work.
2) eAM creates and implements maintenance procedures for both assets and rebuildable Inventory items and takes care of comprehensive and routine maintenance requirements of asset intensive organizations. It effectively maintains assets such as vehicles, cranes and HVAC systems and rotable Inventory items such as motors and engines.
3) eAM enables users to optimally plan and schedule maintenance operations /activities with minimal disruptions to an organization’s operations and productions. It measures performance and optimizes maintenance operations. It tracks the performance of the assets and rebuildable inventory items by using meters, quality plans and conditioning systems.
4) By effectively monitoring operational data such as maintenance history, performance trends, meter readings, and operating conditions, organizations can proactively manage available resources such as inventory, equipment and skilled personnel to match them to asset maintenance demand.
5) Optimization of asset utilizations, scheduling and resources improves resource efficiency and enhances maintenance quality, maximizes resource availability including equipment and labor. Maintenance costs and work history are tracked at asset level.
6) Oracle eAM enables organizations to create and implement optimal and effective asset management strategies that can increase revenue and decrease costs. Both Preventive and Predictive Maintenance strategies are supported by eAM. It allows you to create alternate maintenance strategies for seasonal or production capacity changes. It supports sophisticated, condition-based maintenance strategies for property, plants and public infrastructure, improves operation performance, and with preventive and scheduled maintenance, increases safety, optimizes Scheduling and resource efficiency.
7) It eliminates the need for spreadsheets and disparate data repositories, by enabling companies to manage reactive, planned, preventive maintenance, and adopt a centralized, proactive strategy for managing asset maintenance across an enterprise.
8) Oracle eAM's single-instance design ensures best practices and quality compliance globally, eliminates excess and obsolete spare parts inventories, promotes environmental, health and safety policies, smoothes coordination of production and maintenance schedules and improves both the responsiveness and accuracy of contracted maintenance.
9) It bridges the gap between ERP/MRP solutions and Asset Maintenance for industries that rely heavily on Asset Maintenance Systems.
10) It is a lynchpin of the integrated workplace incorporating visual navigation for space planning and allocation, multi-channel service request processing, building systems maintenance and technology asset tracking.
11) eAM improves return on capital assets by integrating physical with financial aspects and supporting deep collaboration between project lifecycle and service lifecycle operations.
12) It integrates seamlessly with other modules of E-Business suite and is suitable for Metals/Mining, Manufacturing, Pulp/ Paper, Petrochemicals, Facilities and Education and many more assets.